With Spring here and Easter just days away, we wanted to create a dish that you could serve during this holiday. Spring carrots are in season at the grocery store so we wanted to use those as the main event – the Easter Bunny also happens to love them. We used our Kohana Organic Cold Brew Concentrate as the base for our glaze to create a deep, rich, aromatic flavor *that in our humble opinion* might not leave any of the dish left for your guests. This can be served warm or chilled with brunch – the coffee undertones will pair perfectly with your morning cold brew! Serve it warm at Easter dinner as a side dish to go with your ham – it’s a real pair!
- 1-2 lbs spring carrots (greens on)
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp himilayen salt
- 1/4 cup Kohana Organic Cold Brew Concentrate
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the greens off the carrots, leaving about 1-inch at the top if desired. Peel and wash the carrots. If the carrots are large, you can cut them in half lengthwise.
- Toss the carrots with the thyme, olive oil, salt and chili flakes on a parchment lined baking sheet.. Transfer to your pre-heated oven and roast for
- 15-20 minutes (until fork tender).
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the glaze. In a small saucepan, bring the coffee, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a boil. Cook until the glaze is reduced to approximately half, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the oven, set on your serving dish and triple the glaze over them – garnish with some pieces of thyme – or even thyme blossoms and some edible flowers for an added touch!